- Being on a fuzzy blanket under the stars (with your fav snack of course)
- With good people sitting in the middle of a food forest (bring your fav people)
- Watching award-winning animated short films on a big screen. (For Free!)
Welcome to “Movie Night In A Food Forest”!
While I have designed food forests all over the province, this is the first time I have set up a non-work event in one!
(Note: be sure to subscribe to the newsletter to hear about future events!)
I’m PUMPED and I think you will be too. Here are 3 reasons why:
- Lacombe Park Community Garden is a truly unique community space! It has a Park-and-eat edible parking lot, a hearth patio, and a hillside amphitheater (that’s where we will be sitting!)
- I get to MC! I’ve curated family-safe animated short films to make you smile, tear up, and keep you on the edge of your blanket.
- The theme for the night is Permaculture. Films that are about nature, community, and sustainability
You can view this event and other events I’m organizing HERE on Facebook.
Or in case you aren’t on Facebook, here are the hard details:
- Where: 60 Liberton Dr, St. Albert, AB T8N 4L5
- When: 7pm on Saturday, Oct 8.
- Notes: Dress to be warm, bring snacks, blankets
Hope to see you there! Bring me snacks!
(Kenton is a passionate educator for sustainable living who lives in an off-grid tiny house in northern Alberta. Kenton runs a wide array of workshops on tiny homes, sustainable living, and edible landscaping. He also does consulting and design for homeowners, communities, and businesses)